Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Perfect day = Adventure at the beginning and the end of the day!

An adventure a day keeps one not wanting to go back to work... ever...

Today we had some business to take care of so I knew the puppies were going to be homebound, so I took them to play in the woods in the wee dawn hours. I went for a little snow shoe at Vaughn woods. It was beautiful!!

The little hiking trail all winter wonderland like.

Had to show off my snow shoes. I'm from Illinois... I've never seen a pair of snow shoes until I moved out here... and it was still about 2 years after I lived here before I figured out what they were for. No more falling into massive snow piles for me!!

The puppies sniffing around for goodies in the snow. (sorry for the shaky pictures. It was COLD out!!!)

One of my favorite parts about Vaughn Woods in the winter is coming up on the river. The sides are usually ice packed and the park is always quiet in the morning so you can hear the ice pack groaning or smashing into itself. It's pretty cool. Again, being from the midwest, it's new and exciting! :-)

After business was taken care of, Nate took Tyler and our neighbor, Paul Henry, to his work so that they can build something electronic. It was just me and the dogs again and the house was under construction, so I took the pups to Fort Foster. It's an old fort on the coast of Maine that was used to protect Portsmouth. There are some buildings still standing, but now it mostly has trails, beaches, and good places to play hide and seek or just run around. It's dog friendly in the winter so I take the pups there when I can. They get a chance to run around like crazy animals and I get to walk along the beach. It's a win-win for our house! It just happened to be about the same time the sun was setting so I soaked in that gorgeousness. 



I think the puppies enjoyed the setting of the sun as well. I do like how both of the dogs' ears are flapping in the wind. I literally sat down for like 5 minutes waiting for them to stop moving so that I could get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment