Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snow! Snow! Hazardous Snow!

Finally... Snow!!!

However, with me, there's always a story!! I think that since the first snowfall came so late this year that southern New Hampshire completely forgot what you should do when it snows.

Sunday night, we had soccer and they asked Nate to play goalie. They looked at me and said, 'are you cool with this?' and I said, 'well, it's not like our winter can get more ruined. It's never going to snow so what do I care.' <-- always the optimist, I am! My friend Lauren looked at me and said, 'it's going to snow tomorrow!'. I looked at her all funny like, and said, 'It is?'

On the way home from soccer, I looked at the weather report and sure enough, snow in the forecast from Monday to Wednesday.

Monday came along, no snow... until about 5:00pm. And then, it snowed!! It snowed good!!

At about this time, I headed to spin class. I was driving from Dover to Portsmouth. It didn't look bad out, but it didn't look great either. However, as I was getting into Portsmouth, my friend Maria called and said, "New Hampshire drivers suck. There is someone already smashed into the guardrail. Be careful.'. So I hung up, went to slow down, and went to press on the brake a little and low and behold, my car starts the lovely spin. AWESOME!! I was able to keep it somewhat under control, except that at the end, I was heading north when I should have been heading south. But, no one got hurt. So, all's good.

Basically, we have been getting a Noreaster from what I can gather. There is a storm that is sitting a little off shore and it's just spinning and snowing. It's not an awesome one where it's dumping feet of snow, but a nice one in that we have snow on the ground now when we didn't on Sunday.

But there is really no clean-up happening. Last winter, I would love to wake up to the snow plow turning itself around so it could go back down the hill. I would sit there and be like, 'YES! It snowed last night!' Last night, it snowed. I was up at 5:45am and the snow plow still hadn't been by my house on the major road. AND, it had been snowing since before 8:00pm last night. I heard a news report yesterday that said something along the lines that NH was surprised by the storm on Monday that they didn't get a chance to get the trucks out until the storm was already hitting. Then it was too late because the trucks were stuck in traffic because there were so many accidents already. All I can say to that is, DUDE! I knew there was a storm coming... why didn't you?!?!? NH DOT get on the ball and start paying attention to the Doppler or something... maybe even the surf reports. They usually are right on the mark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment