Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Taking a trip to Irrationalville?

The background story: Monday's are my hardest days. It starts at 5:00am. I walk or run with the dogs from 5:00 - 6:00am. I then get ready for work and am at work by 7:00am. I work from 7:00am to 3:00pm and then head to the pool to coach. I coach from 3:30 to 5:00pm. Then I head to spin class and I spin from 6:00 to 7:00pm. Then I head home always exhausted and always hungry. I try to bring snacks so that I am not the most irritable person on the planet, but I'm not always the best at that.

Last night, after spin class, I headed to Tyler's band concert and we had our first snow storm. The 10 mile drive took 45 minutes and I got to see one song. Then I got home, I was starving, exhausted, stressed from driving in the snow and PMS'ing. Nate got the mail and brought it inside. He grabbed the outside magazine and immediately started reading it.

Jenny: "Nate, what should we do for dinner?"
Nate: "I don't know"... head didn't even come out of the magazine to look up.
3 minutes go by.
Jenny: "Do we have a pizza in the freezer downstairs?"
Nate: "I don't know"... head still doesn't come out of the magazine.
I walk down stairs, no pizza in the freezer.
Jenny: "Nate, is there anything you want for dinner? I'm really hungry".
Nate: "No."... head still in the magazine

I was about to give up. I went and put my PJ's on and seriously considered just going to bed.

Jenny: "Nate, listen... I'm hungry, I'm tired and I'm PMS'ing. Please, help me with dinner."
Nate: "Guess who is the winner tonight?"

I walk away again to get my head back on straight. I walk back in the kitchen and open up the fridgerator.

I pull out some sausages and stuff to make a salad. Nate makes the sausages and I make the salad. And then the funniest comment to date comes out from the Nater...

Jenny: "I seriously was about to just go to bed hungry."
Nate: "Yup, and if you did that, I would've just made dinner for myself and sat next to you in bed eating it."
Jenny: "Thanks bud, that wasn't the answer I was looking for."
Nate: "Well, not everyone wants to take a trip to irrationalville"
Jenny: "Irrationalville?"
Nate: "Yup, and you can quote me on that."

I'm glad that we can laugh about all this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Very liberal placement of quotes my dear. Ha! But I still love you!

    ReplyDelete