Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our One Tradition!

Nate & I don't usually follow rules or have many traditions, but there is one tradition that we do have and we make sure it happens rain, snow or shine. Our tradition is to surf Christmas morning! So far we have yet to get skunked (knock on wood) and we have had awesome waves every year. We had nice, clean, thigh to waist sets that we shared with our friend Sean. The air temperature was a chilly 18 degrees, but the 6 ml of neoprene and plenty of urine kept us nice and toasty. I lasted an hour and was pretty proud of that!! My big toes told me that the time was up and I headed in. The boys stayed out a little bit longer.

Here are pics of this year's Christmas tradition:

Winter surfing requires getting ready in the car. Nate has his wetsuit on up to his waist.

The boards lined up ready to go.

Self portrait -- Aren't we cute!! Maybe I shouldn't make Nate look into the sun? :-)

The boys walking up the beach after their last wave.

Sean, Nate & I after our session.

I hope that everyone enjoyed their own special traditions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment