Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Random Saturday

Saturday, April 16... It was the start of a very interesting but fun weekend...

Here are the pictures/videos from Saturday...

I made biscuits and gravy on Saturday morning! I was going to try and be like all those expert food bloggies, but this is the only picture I took. Once I prepared the dishes, they looked sooo good, that I dug right in and forgot to take a picture. This is the recipe I used. If you like biscuits and gravy, I highly recommend it. It was delish!!! 

After we ate breakfast, we loaded up the bikes and headed mountain biking. We haven't been very good about using the camera while biking, but Nate managed to sneak in a video of me. I think he was attempting to get a video of me falling into the creek as I have had a few close ones on the third bridge. But I let him down and was able to ride over all three bridges without incident!!

and the moment you've all been waiting for.... The infamous turkey!!!

and the bloody culprit!!!

We don't know exactly if Oakley and Scout made the first kill. They might have been the lucky finders of a freshly killed turkey. We do know that they ran away and were missing for a good 20 minutes. I thought they had followed some other riders on the trail. Nate saw them run into the woods near some water. They didn't respond to their normal calls and this really paniced me because if Oakley can't see me, she usually comes the moment I call her. Nate went one way down the trail and I went the other. After a couple of minutes, I rode back, Nate still didn't find them. I then rode back the same way and kept calling them. Again, after fearing that they followed other riders, I rode back towards Nate so that we could wait in the parking lot for the riders to come out. As I rode up to Nate, he was like "I found em". Scout came out of the woods and I could see a little blood on his chest, but then Oakley came out and my cute little white dog... she wasn't so white anymore!! I thought she was hurt, and Nate was like, "Nope. They killed a turkey and I got a picture!"

That was our wild Saturday... We did get to head down to Boston for dinner with our friends Kelli and Doug. They were in town for the Boston Marathon. More on that soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment