Friday, April 8, 2011

Finally a good customer service experience!

Before I start my trip to Kentucky blog, I wanted to give a huge shout out to Enterprise rent-a-car! In the last few years, I have avoided traveling like the plague not because I don't like traveling b/c I LOVE to travel. However, the travel industry has lost all concept of customer service and could give two poos about making sure that their customers are satisfied... EXCEPT Enterprise rent-a-car, really stepped up last weekend and showed me that they really do care about customer service. Here's the story:

We wanted to fly somewhere near Lexington, KY. Thankfully, there are 5 options options to fly into within 4 hours of Lexington, so I did a whole project of finding the cheapest flight & rental car combination in the beginning of March. I got a good deal on the flight and a smoking deal on the rental car. I was pretty proud of myself. Mother Nature did a number on us and we ended driving to the airport in a snow storm on Friday morning. The first flight boarded on time but we ended up sitting on the tarmac forever waiting to be de-iced. We ended up missing our connection to Columbus, OH. So, we sat in the airport for an hour to see if we could get the next flight to Columbus. That flight was booked completely. Then we decided to get a flight to Cincinnati, OH. I called Enterprise as we were moving from one terminal to the next. I think is where I went wrong, by trying to do the right thing. The lady on the phone ended up cancelling my reservation from Columbus, OH and rebooked me from Cincinnati, OH. The reservation changed from $45 to $300 for the weekend. I knew my parents had a membership with Hertz so I called my mom desperate asking her to see if they could hook us up with something better than $300. She was like, 'uh, we can get something for $550.'... So, Nate looked at me and was like, 'we'll work something out with the actual people at Enterprise. You did the right thing. They should be considerate of that'. We flew into Cincinnati and went to Enterprise. We explained the situation and showed them the original email with the confirmation and the rate. They matched the rate and only ended up charging us extra for dropping off the car in Columbus instead of Cincinnati! Thank you Enterprise for renewing my spirit in customer service! You have a fan in me and the next time I need to rent a car, I will definite call you first!

No comments:

Post a Comment