Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nemo?... that's a nice name...

Nate and I live in the northeast and unless you live under a rock, you probably know that the northeast just experienced a pretty rad snow event. They called it "Blizzard Nemo"... which is in my humble opinion, a lame name for such a sweet snow storm but whatever... they didn't ask me... AGAIN. 

So, we knew the storm was coming but I waited until pretty much Thursday to get excited about this snow event because the snow storms they said were coming before that never showed up ... and by never showing up... I mean, they said 6 inches and we got ZERO!!! So, Thursday night came, the forecast looked like it was for real going to happen so we started packing up. We decided to stay home Thursday night, sleep in our own bed and then drive up Friday morning. We left early Friday morning, hit up the chateau and then took the dogs to Echo Lake to wear off some of their energy. We then grabbed our gear and headed to Wildcat mountain for a half day of freshies. We walked in the lodge and who did we run into, but Mr. Nevins!!! He had just went through the trees which weren't quite covered enough and banged up his board pretty good. He told us to go do a lap and that he'd  meet us at the lift so that's exactly what we did. 

Our first lap was so full of snow that it didn't seem like we were just getting started at noon, but that we were there from the very beginning. We did our lap and then met up with Mr. Nevins. We did a few more laps and then he needed to meet up with one of his buddies. So we then ended up riding with Mr. Nevins, a sports photographer, and one of his buddies who ended up bring a film crew along... I'm totally serious!!! 

If you skip ahead past the artsy stuff to about 1:05, you'll see a shadowy figure kinda haunting the guy in the blue coat... that's me... :) I'm not fancy enough to get any other footage... all of my sweet moves are strictly in my head... Then you can skip ahead to 2:03 and you'll see Nate!! He got a whole 5 seconds of footage!! But we got to hang out with Nevins for the afternoon so it was all worth it... Except when he  made us duck a rope "to get a shot"... I'm not sure that was worth it... 

The only picture I took on Friday... 



No comments:

Post a Comment