Sunday, October 7, 2012

Anna got Hitched

One of my besties got married on September 15. Here are the pictures from the ceremony. 

Anna with her parents' walking through the pier at Fort Fosters

Anna and Mark during the ceremony

Nate and I during the ceremony 

The fish-eye view of the ceremony

Nate's amazing panoramic skills

Nater Potater was the chauffeur for the guests. He makes a pretty cute chaueffeur 

Anna and Mark after the ceremony... I have lots of pictures of them posing but for some reason I like this one the best because it's not posing but just them happy together!

Anna had texted me the week before the wedding and asked me I wanted to do a speech. I was like, 'uh... sure...' and I prepared one and then thankfully didn't have to give it! :) But because no one got to hear it, I thought I would share it (because I can!). Here it is:

I met Anna 4 or 5 years ago. We were introduced to each other in the water during an early morning surf session. Then I just happened to run into her that same day at chipotle and asked her if she was s surfer because I wasn't sure if it was the same girl that I had met in the water that very morning. Then that same week, I ran into her and Molly at the beach and told her that it must be fate and we needed to be friends. I guess all my stalking really paid off!!!!

When Anna came home from Hawaii, she quickly informed me that she wasn't sure how long she was gonna stay in new Hampshire. she was thinking of traveling more, going back to Hawaii or maybe even back home to Minnesota. She still loved it here but wasn't sure if this was the right place. Then she went to her first cross-fit class and her story started to change a bit... Maybe she would stay longer... Maybe she would take a permanent position... Maybe she would gather the money for the house... Then she told me about the owner of the cross fit gym and I knew my friend was here to stay... Thank you, Mark!!! 

I believe Mark and Anna went on quite a few dates before Nate and I got to meet Mark. She asked us if we would want to go to her house for dinner. Because I was used to going out to dinner with Anna and watching her eat pizza, chicken or pasta, I wasn't sure what to expect. She had also informed us that they were doing this "paleo" diet and what was involved and then said that Mark was going to make us spaghetti squash with meat sauce and I knew right away that we officially had a keeper!!! If Anna was going to eat that then she REALLY liked this guy. Unfortunately, Mark said maybe 4 words to us that night so we didn't really get the chance to really get to know him. 

There are certain couples that seem to come as a package deal... Nate and I are good examples, Dean and Karen, Steve and Heather, Bryan and Brian.. I mean Bryan & Jess and ever since Anna and Mark started dating, they can be added to those package deals. They complement each other well and play hard together. I'm so happy that Anna found the ketchup to her mustard! I know that they will have many amazing years and adventures ahead of them... As long as you make sure to include Nate & me... But seriously, thank you Mark for coming into my friend's life and making her a very happy girl!! You are a great soul and we look forward to all of the adventures and ice cream with both you and Anna!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment