Monday, May 7, 2012

Is that a wave out there?

Finally, we got waves on Thursday! But it also brought overcast skies and childish temps. We got up and drove south to the lighthouse. The boys saw the panicked look on my face and we drove further south to Frisco. The tide wasn't right there so we drove back north. We then drove to the other side of the lighthouse, but the walk was too far so we walked back to the car and drove back to the other original side of the lighthouse. Because there were tons of really good surfers, the waves were huge and heavy, and you basically could not make a mistake, I sat out that session. And Nate and Erin talked for about 20 min deciding what to do...

I finally told them to get their butts out there so that we could go south to Frisco when the tide turned so they finally got dressed.






They surfed for an hour or so. I watched and took pictures. Then we got lunch and headed to Frisco. Once we got to Frisco, I'm not sure Nate has ever seen me move that fast to surf. There was a sweet left and I was excited. I caught a few waves and had some fun... Then everyone had fun messing with me. A set came in and all the little short boarders and Nate caught a wave and I somehow, missed them all. Then I looked back and saw a black fin stick out of the water. I laid down and started boogeying in towards the beach. Erin, our housemate, and some stranger asked me what was going on. I said, "I just saw a fin and I don't think it was a dolphin." they started laughing and continued paddling out. Since I was no longer the furthest out, I stopped paddling too. Then they started saying things like, "you are probably right. That probably wasn't a dolphin" and "you know girls smell and taste better than boys". Yeah, they were real nice. I kept my eyes on the horizon and saw the fin again and it was indeed a dolphin... Jerks!!! :-)

After I got slammed a few times, I called it quits for the day. I got to wait for Erin and Nate to finish up but they didn't stay out much longer. However, the water was like 80 degrees so it was nice to just sit in the water waiting for them.

After we got all dressed and got the boards back on the car, we headed back home, rested and ate. We tried to see the crabs again, but they must have taken the night off because we didn't see them. Bummer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment