Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 3 - more paddling, more touristing...

The third day of vacation brought more paddling and chillier temps... Instead of trying to venture back into the ocean for another round of paddling with the dogs, we decided we would try the sound side this time. We paddled for about an hour and a half into the wind. Oakley rode on my board for the first half and then when I got tired paddling her lazy bum against the wind, I kicked her off... Plus we were away from people and the rode so I wasn't worried that she would annoy anyone. We stopped in a little cove and rested and let the dogs rest. Then we paddled back. Nate literally took his shirt and put both arms in it, held the shirt over his head, and used it as a sail! It took us about 30 min to get back to the car. We packed up the boards, heading home, cleaned up and headed for another adventure.

When we drove in, I had looked up Steak 'n' Shake on yelp and thought there was one in Kitty Hawk. If you were not aware, Steak 'n' Shake started in my hometown so if there is one easy to get to, I make Nate go! So we started driving north... Being the smart girl, I decided to double check that there was a Steak 'n' Shake and was very saddened to find out there was not one... So next in the list... Mexican!!!! We ended up getting lunch at the Bad Bean Taqueria in Kill Devil Hills and it was DELISH!!! I highly recommend if you are ever in that area. I got a special pork quesadilla and it was so very yummy!!!

We were then going to check out the Wright brother stuff but when we pulled into the parking lot and realized we needed to pay for it, we turned around. We then drove to Jockey's Ridge State Park. It is a monster sand dune where you can hang glide off the top. Being cheap bastards, we just walked around the dunes with the dogs. Here are some pics from the park:

My two cute boys!! :)

Nate and I self portrait:

Oakley was jealous and wanted her own self portrait! 

Nate doing front flips and back flips on the dunes!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment