Friday, September 24, 2010

I cannot say good-bye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime and never know a good-bye -- Anonymous

A week and a day ago, I woke up, and noticed that I had an email alert on my phone. I looked at the email and I had two emails from my mom. The first one ripped my heart out. My sister-in-law's father passed away very suddenly. One day he was healthy; the next day, he was no longer with us. The second email was letting the rest of us know that my parents were going to be in Michigan for a few days to help my brother and his wife out with their four kids.

My sister-in-law was daddy's little girl and I totally feel for her every day. I'm daddy's little girl too and I can't imagine losing my father! Kattie, my heart goes out to you!!

I talked to my brother the other night and he said, "whatever happened in the past should live in the past, all we should focus on is today and move forward". He's right!

If you have a problem with a loved one, forgive them without them having to say they are sorry! Life is WAY to short to harbor grudges and sweat the small stuff. Hug them tighter and let them know that you love them!! You never know what tomorrow is gonna bring...

I wanted a perfect ending, now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious amiguity.


Gilda Radner

No comments:

Post a Comment