Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Fight for your Right... to... uh...

I've got a new adventure approaching. I went to the doctor today and we talked about the birth control pills that I'm on ... GASP... Yes, I said it. I'm on birth control pills! I do not wish to have a kid right now and am taking preventative measures in order to not populate the world with one more unwanted child. So, I talked to the doctor and she said that under the Affordable Care Act passed in August 2012 that oral contraceptives would be covered 100% as preventable care such as a yearly exam or a kids 6 month appointment. I am a freak and have been through the whole selection of pills and FINALLY found one that did not make me into a complete irritable BI-ATCH! Plus there are other things that happen when you are on the pill other than moodiness that the current pill is not causing so I've been really happy. I have been on it for 2 years and it does not have a generic. I talked to my HR rep and she said that I have to call the insurance company to find out if they will cover the pill 100% because she said that they will only cover generics... but as I said, my pill doesn't have a generic... so... Yup, I'm going to fight for my right to free birth control!

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment