Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Snow Storm!!!

So finally, New Hampshire got a real honest to goodness snow storm. It happened overnight between 12/26 and 12/27. It was amazing!! We still have most of the snow since it has decided to be winter and mostly stayed below 30 degrees so it's been pretty awesome. I made Nate go play in the snow with me and I tried to take the dogs skijoring. It was pretty fun and the dogs did do pretty well with it. In Rollinsford, we have some public land that you people use for mountain biking, ATV-riding, snowmobiling, hiking, fishing, etc. Nate and I decided that we would cross country ski out of our house to the public land and play around out there. Here are the few pics that I took from that day:

Look at the snow coming down!! It was AWESOME!!! Nate was working on his cross country skis and I thought he was literally going to ski out of our house, but he didn't. 

This is the attempt of skijoring with the dogs. This is our street... seriously!! The plow trucks had been out sometime in the middle of the night but they hadn't come back in the morning so there was tons of snow on the road. It was pretty awesome.

Nate skijoring with the dogs on one of the more main roads in rollinsford. Scout has a tendency to dictate which side of the road you are on so while I had them, he kept going to the outside and pulling me out into the road. Nate seems to have a little better control of them and was able to keep Scout from pulling him into the road. 

This is just Nate skiing. 

It was so awesome to have that much snow... Did I say that yet? :) I'm so happy that it has stuck around too. I LOVE SNOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment