Saturday, November 27, 2010

That is the question....

More than ever, I have this debate with myself whether or not I want kids. A lot of my friends have kids and they seem to enjoy them... but they also seemed to enjoy kids prior to having kids...

I like kids... in small doses....

I like kids... when they are quiet...

I like kids... when they go home...

I keep telling myself that if I have kids, it won't be for another two years or so... which seems to be a far enough out in the distance that maybe I'll like kids then... I do think raising kids will be fun b/c it will be a challenge... but I'm not sure I have the patience, stamina, energy, patience, kindness, thoughtfulness, did i say patience yet? for a kid...

But in my mental dilemma, I enjoy the company of two kids on a weekly basis. Most of the times I look at Nate and say, "if I have a kid, are they going to be like this?" and he says, "yes, all 5 year olds are like this"... Oh dear... so then I ask my mom, "mom, what was I like when I was 5?". Because if my parents had 5 kids and they survived, I must have been a breeze to deal with b/c if I wasn't easy to deal with, then they would've been nuts while I was growing up.... Oh dear....

So, it'll still be 2 years until I think about having a kid... Time to go buy some stock in Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment