Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Appreciation

I have a whole new appreciation of parents, pre-school teachers, janitors or anyone who has to clean up vomit on a regular basis!

I went mountain biking with my friend yesterday and I thought everything was all good as we headed home. My friend looked at Oakley and was like, 'hmmmm.. Oakley looks like she got into something'. This is no big deal, Oakley ALWAYS gets into something. Then we looked at Scout, and he had a little funk on his nose. Again, no big deal. Scout tends to get into stuff too. I got the dogs in the car, started heading home and pulled onto the highway. Then, not a big deal turned into a bigger deal. Scout threw up. I looked back and it was a funky color, but in doggie fashion, Scout started eating it up. Again... no big deal... THEN... the smell... it started taking over my car... and it wasn't your normal smell... it was BAD!!!!! When my friend pointed out that Oakley had something on her head, she thought that it might've been poop. When the smell wafted up from the back of the car... It was MOST DEFINITELY POOP!!! I drove home for a good 45 minutes with my hood over my nose so that I didn't have to smell it. He ended up throwing another time in my car and another time on the rug in the family room!!!

This morning, I got to clean up all that... (I was not going to skip my date last night to clean up vomit, but I did put some carpet cleaner on it to nutralize the smell... a bit...). It was ALL over the carpet in the back of my Vue. It was all over the spare wheel and underneath the spare! It was FANTASTIC!!!

But it's clean now!! and I'm SOOOO happy that it's over!! And I will do whatever I can to keep Scout from eating random stuff from now on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment