Monday, June 6, 2011

He's got a certain look in his eyes

My old co-worker, Steve-O recently said that Scout was satanic. I would not agree because he really is a super sweet, loving dog, but sometimes he gets one of those looks in his eyes and then you better take notice.

Sunday morning, I took Scout and Oakley to my favorite surf spot. I should have brought my stand-up, but I didn't for some silly reason. On the way to the beach, I looked in my rear-view mirror, Scout was in the view. I looked at him and he had that look in his eye. The look that says, "I'm about to get into trouble". I got to the beach, walked them down to the beach area, and let the dogs free. There are tons of birds in this spot, and Scout took off to run and run after the birds.
We have been taking Scout and Oakley to swim a lot and Scout has really enjoyed swimming and usually swims the whole time we are near the water. When we were at the beach and Scout started swimming after the birds, I didn't think it was too bad of an idea. Here is when he was somewhat close swimming after the birds. Notice the little black head...

Then, Scout decided to go to the other side of the cove, and then... he was GONE!!! I believe the got caught in a rip. He was swimming after birds and all of a sudden, he was probably 50 yards out. I whistled and he turned his head, and he just kept swimming. He was so far out that I could not figure out if he was swimming to us or away from us. I whistled two more times, and he finally turned and swam to the other side of the cove. He was probably out for a good 10 minutes. Which was the longest, scariest 10 minutes of my life!!! Once he got out of the water, he came flying over to Oakley and I and was shaking and ready to go home! Good thing I really love the little mischievous effer... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment