Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sunday, blue bird Sunday...

Nate's buddy was in town from North Carolina so we took a pilgrimage to Sunday River on Sunday to enjoy the New England spring. I was a little worried that the conditions were going to be perfect New England ice sheets because it was sooo warm and rainy the few days prior to Sunday, but it ended up cooling off on Satuday and snowing and then getting cold enough Sunday morning that it was actually pretty awesome!! Our friend Amanda decided to take the pilgrimage with us and we all had a blast. Here are some pics of the fun:

Amanda and I posing while the boys checked out the views of Mount Washington

Blue bird skies brought excellent views of Mount Wash!

JP shredding the gnar gnar ... or something...

Cheesy posing...

Dan doing the picture of you taking a picture of me taking a picture of you taking a picture of me taking... :)

I have no idea what was so funny, but it might have something to do with the next two pictures

Amada showing off her cheerleading skills... :)

I was trying to be all cool and point to where I was going... or at least show the first basic step of learn-to-snow-board! :)

Ahhh... cute....

Dan showing off his skills.

The best story of the day happened on the first chair lift when Amanda and I sat with some teenage-ish boys. We were going up the lift next to the green/kiddie park and we were all watching the kids come down through the park and the youngens bursted into one of THOSE conversations that you wish that you had a voice recorder on you ... which I did b/c I had my phone but I didn't even think about it until it was over but it went something like:

(please bring out your inner Spicoli)
dude #1 - YO... did you see that? it was SICKKKKK
dude #2 - Yeah, bro, I totally saw that... it was sooo SICKKKKK
dude #1 - he like totally disastered it the whole way... that was raddddd
dude #2 - yeah, man, that was totally rad... i've been working on that...
dude #1 - how?
dude #2 - i've been totally been practicing my 720s on my tramp... haven't you?
dude #1 - no, man, i so should...
dude #2 - yeah, bro you should so get on your tramp and work on it...

I was so waiting to hear, "dude, man, bro, he was so shredding the sick gnar!" but they didn't ever link the dude, man and bro or pull out the gnar. Next time... next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment