Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hard Wood Floor Adventures

For the last few weekends, I have been busy coaching or watching wrestling and the snow is melting and freezing and not making the best of conditions so we haven't had any good adventures lately... or at least I haven't... Nate got to do a NH Triathalon of surfing, hiking/skiing and skating with our buddy Bryan while I was hanging at a pool: http://pioneers-board-shop.blogspot.com/2011/02/nh-triathlon.html.

We are really starting to make our new home a home. One of the things that I still haven't really got used to is the hard wood floors! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THEM!! But I'm not used to how much dirt really does get tracked all around the house and how it gets stuck on your feet when you walk around barefoot... WAA... I know!! We don't wear shoes in the house, nor do we allow them in the house... we are such jerks!! :) but it's amazing how much grit stuff gets tracked in especially with a dirt driveway. Even without shoes, socks pick up the dirt and dog hair and carry it all over. So, every Tuesday night, I go through and swiffer sweeper upstairs and downstairs and then we vacuum on Sundays... And we might have vacuumed once a week in our old place... And I'm thinking cleaning the floors twice a week isn't enough! I feel like we should be doing it three times a week or more... It's crazy!! But every Tuesday night, when I clean under the bed with the swiffer sweeper, I am sooo grossed out by how we used to live with carpeting under the bed. I think we moved the bed and vacuumed under the bed once in the whole time that we lived there! Yes, we were disgusting pigs!!! Oh well!!! We are learning and making changes!! Here's to healthier living!! :)

1 comment: