Friday, July 23, 2010

My Vent About Workout Clothes

I recently purchased a tank top that was a riding/running specific tank top online. I bought it at a really discounted rate so I was more psyched about the price and didn't really read the details about the actual tank top. When I put the tank top on, I was happy that it was comfortable. After I wore for a few minutes, I felt something itchy in the middle of my back and I couldn't figure it out what it was. I took it off to inspect the tank top and it was one of those clasp things that are on a real bra!! WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THE POINT OF THAT?!?!?! It's a built in sports bra in a tank top and yet it has clasps so that you can adjust the size of the bra?!?! But why?!?!? It's a sports bra!! It's a sports bra in a tight fitting tank top! Why would someone need to adjust the size?!? And it's not like you can adjust the straps... If I knew how to sew, those little claspy things would be so gone right now!! but I don't know how to sew so... i'm stuck with itchy clasps!! :(

Anyone out there reading this that might know someone who designs clothes for athletics, please share my rants!

1) No need for clasps in a sports bra in a tight fitting tank top!! All they do is itch!! I was a swimmer for 20+ years so I have a really wide back and if I don't need to adjust the clasps, I'm not sure there is anyone out there that would need to adjust the clasps!!

2) Just like tall size pants in the women's department, make tall size shirts/jackets/sweat shirts! I'm 5'10" and my wingspan is probably 6'0" or wider. When I look in the women's section for long sleeve shirts for doing stuff, the sleeves make it about 2/3 down my arm. I haven't been able to buy a women's coat since I was like 16. I know many women taller than me so I can't be the only one having this issue!

3) Oh, and those thumb holes that are in some long sleeve shirts but not all... they should be added to all!! They rock out!! Nothing like a little security blanket in the shirt you are wearing!! :-D But again, only if the sleeves fit...

4) To all the wetsuit designers, I can't imagine that the girls that surf are petite and have a petite back. I might be the only one that has this problem, but I have the SAME HOLE in every wetsuit that I have purchased. There is a hole in middle of my upper back from the back being stretched while I paddle and it's happened in every wetsuit that I own!!! Again, WHAT THE HECK?!!?!

I think that is all of my rants about sports clothing for women! I'm sure there are girls that have similar issues! Bring it out!! And again, if you know someone who designs athletic gear for chicas, please pass on my observances!! :D

1 comment:

  1. Workout shirts are NEVER long enough for us tall chicks...I mean, we have nice abs, but we don't want to show them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete