Monday, July 5, 2010

Kayaking around New Castle (I think that was the New town)

With my broken little nuggets, Nate & I have been trying to think of things to do so that I won't go stir crazy sitting at home. On Sunday, Nate & I took the kayaks out for a little spin around the bay between Portsmouth and New Castle. It wasn't super exciting except that we saw a deer prancing through someone's "compound" and we had to help two kids get back to their parents. The little girl was stuck in the weeds and had no idea how to kayak. Nate pushed her back to the island where her parents were hanging out watching. They had a boat so they could've easily saved her if the situation got bad. All in all, it was a lot of fun and a great adventure out of the house and away from my book! Enjoy!

Deer prancing through the "compound" on the island:

The old prison on the ship yard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment