Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This little piggy went wee wee wee all to the ER

On Sunday, our little neighbor, Oliver, came over and asked when we were playing soccer. So, we got outside and played a game of soccer. Tyler and I were on a team and we were winning 2 - 0. Nate passed the ball off to Oliver, who passed it back to Nate. I went in to try and stop Nate from scoring and instead of kicking the ball, kicked Nate squarely in the ankle. As I kicked him, I heard that terrible sound of little bones breaking. I flew over Nate and landed on the ground. Grabbed my toes and knew my afternoon soccer game was over!! Nate gave me a piggy-back ride to the house and I put ice on my foot. My foot instantly started swelling and my two little toes on my right foot were headed in a rather funky direction. About 5 years ago, I had a stress fracture in my foot and was on crutches FOREVER so we had a post-op shoe and crutches in the house. I grabbed those suckers and decided I was following doctors orders. I went to work on Monday and my boss insisted that I go to the hospital to get an x-ray. I did... I fractured the little bones at the base of my two toes. 21 days of "resting"... UGH!!!! As I was on crutches FOREVER with the stress fracture, I have learned my lesson that if I let it rest a little, I won't be on crutches as long so... No biking or surfing for me until those little nuggets are facing the correct direction and swelling is down. BOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment