Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dinner adventures... Gotta stay with the theme!

Nate and I typically are rush, rush, rush when it comes to dinner time. We have a few recipes that we use over and over ... and over... and over... again! I have been trying to find some new recipes that are easy to make, come together quickly, and are relatively cheap. I found two so far that are EXCELLENT!!

We made chicken enchiladas last night! They were fantastic!!! The thing that took the longest was shredding the cheese because we already had a block of pepper jack cheese and I didn't think we should buy shredded cheese if we already had it. I'm not a huge fan of chicken, but this was really good. My only suggestion would be to add the sauce while the enchiladas are still baking to soften up the tortillas a bit more.

Last week, we made Chicken-orzo salad with Goat Cheese. Another super easy meal that was super yummy. While the orzo was cooking, I cooked up the chicken a little (as stated before, I'm not a huge fan of chicken and cold chicken, not a chance!!), and cut everything up. It was all together within 30 minutes!!! Good stuff!!!

If there is something out there that you have liked, let me know. I'm always up for new suggestions to add to our regular meals.

2 comments: