Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter, where are you?

This winter has been the worst winter for snow since I've lived in New England... Top it off with my right hip flaring up again... Thus, this whole 100,000 feet of elevation has been pretty interesting... :)

Three weeks ago, we took a rest weekend. As I said above, my hip was flaring up and we were both exhausted and the lack of snow, we decided that a weekend at home to do stuff around the house, sleep in and just chill was much needed. So, last weekend, we decided we would head back up north and we would find something to do. We got a late start, it's becoming our motto and we skinned up Tuckerman's to hojos and then came back down the Sherburne trail. At the top, we saw 3, counting mine, split boards and I was happy and sad that it's getting big. Sad because I'm no longer the only kid on the block with a split board and that also means that there are a lot more yaa hoos that are trying to do backcountry... happy that it's starting to come along and with that means better equipment.

Here's the one picture that I got on that trip:


We were at 32,088... We added 1,838feet. Thus we are at 33,926feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment