Sunday, December 18, 2011

Announcing the Winter Goal

Nate and I rented a "winter chateau" with a couple friends again this winter. It's a really nice place: 3 bedroom pad with views of cathedral ledge from the monster front window and some lovely shag-like carpeting to complete the package. This weekend is the first weekend for the rental and we are heading up! I'm so excited to start our winter.

So to start our winter off right, I would like to announce our winter goal. We would like to climb 100,000 feet in elevation gain over the course of the winter. If we go from Pinkham Notch Appalachian Mountain Club to the tippy top of Mount Washington, we will have to do that about 24 times to track 100,000 feet in gain. However, Mount Washington is highly avalanche prone in the middle of the winter so we will have to do different spots and most likely do lots of laps! But again, I think it's doable and it'll be an awesome thing to knock off the to-do list! (I say "we" but I think Nate's just going along with me on this one. I don't remember if he ever said, 'yup, I'm in'. -- Just got confirmation from Nate via text message that he is officially in!)

This weekend, I hope that we can climb to the tippity top of Mt. Wash. I've actually never been up there and the forecast is calling for sunny skies and positive temps at the summit! Happy Friday everyone and let the snowflakes begin to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment